Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Library Bumper Stickers


 by Jim Whalen  Rowan Public Library

With the latest long politician season you are probably tired of all the politics. There is audio, video, and the endless mail from all candidates. Someone is always looking for a soundbite. Play that negative or positive short message and instant winner or loser.
Let’s look at some library sound bites. Some are new, some, old, and some bumper stickers. Take a break and enjoy them. 



Libraries always remind me there are good things in this world.

Your library is your paradise.

If you have a garden and a library you have everything you need.

Old librarians never die, they just get renewed.

Where are you headed with your life? Each direction is good if there is a library along the way.

Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future.

The most important asset of a library goes home at night, the librarian.

I have found the most important thing in my wallet, my library card.

I ransack libraries and find them full of treasures.

If I was a book I want to be a library book so I could be taken home by all sorts of kids.

Librarians working for you since 2600 BC

If truth is beauty how come nobody has their hair done in the library?

A truly great library has something in it to offend everybody.

Libraries raised me.

My two favorite things are libraries and bicycles; they both move forward without wasting anything.

Bad libraries build collections, good libraries build services, and great libraries build communities.

An original idea, that can’t be too hard. The library is filled with them.

When the going gets tough, the tough get a librarian.



You can borrow a book, but you get to keep the ideas.

A book is a magic portal to another dimension

When in doubt visit your library.

I'm a librarian you could not shock me if you tried.

Libraries are forever.

Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Who needs a doctor when you have Webmed?

To keep this short I did not give credit to the writer, but you can always ask a librarian.

No comments: